On this page you will find an overview of all parts and functions of the main window of the AnswerCoach with a description of the respective function. An explanation of the functions of other program parts of the AnswerCoach can be found in the function overview.
In the main window there is a tab with which you can reach the different functions of the program by opening the respective page, such as the AnswerCoach, the statistics, the questionnaires or the introduction tab. At the bottom of the main window, you can see a bar with additional status information. Here you can receive some information about the progress of your question session. In the following, all the riders of the tab are presented. By using the menu "Windows", you can display and hide all of them.
In this rider, the question sessions are carried out. The rider contains three boxes. At the top, there is the box "Question", where the current question is presented Below in the box "Answer", you can type anything you want to organize your thoughts. Whether you want to mark the question as solved or unsolved do not depend on your answer typed in this box. In the box "Solution", the solution of the answer is displayed after clicking on "Solve".
- Solve: Resolves the current question. The answer appears in the solution box.
- Correct: Marks the current question as solved, so that the question will not be asked again in this session.
- Clock: Resets the current question so that you will be asked again this question. With this button, the question is not marked as correct or incorrect.
- Wrong: Marks the current question as wrong. The question will then be asked again.
In the rider statistics, there is a box in which you can see the status of your question session. You can see the question list currently loaded, you can see the time of starting and ending the list and with which result the list was completed. So, here you get the information about your learning progress and whether you get better or faster during answering.
This page contains the lists of questions that is currently loaded. Moreover, it shows which issues have been resolved and which are not yet solves. Above you can see the name of the list, that is loaded. In the left column, all questions are marked with 0 or X. Questions marked with an X have already been solved and questions that has not been solved yet are marked with 0. In addition, in the right box all questions are displayed. It is asked for the part that is surrounded with underscores (_). In the editor (next section), you can create own question lists easily.
- Load List: Loads a new list of questions. You can simply select any list from your computer (text files). Alternatively, you can also create a list in the editor for yourself and start the list from there.
- New Session: Starts a question session with the currently loaded questions. The questions are then presented in a random order in the rider AnswerCoach after you have marked all questions as solved.
With the editor for lists of questions you can create your own questionnaires for the AnswerCoach. You can receive the editor via the menu "Windows > Editor". The editor creates question lists from sentences in the form "Question - Answer" or "Element - Element". The first, the last or both parts can be used as the question as well as the answer. Of course, it is also possible to ask in both directions.
- Input: In this field, you have to write the sentences to be worked on. These sentences must contain a hyphen (-), that seperates the two elements (question and answer).
- Load Input: Use this button to load a file from your computer to the input field.
- Delete Input: Deletes the contents of the input field.
- Output: When you create a list from the input, in this box the final list according to your specifications will be displayed. The answer, which is asked for, will be bordered by an underscore (_). This list can then be used as a questionnaire in the AnswerCoach.
- Save Output: Saves the contents of the output field, to load it later to the AnswerCoach or to publish in the category of sample lists on this website.
- Delete Output: Clears the contents of the output field to make room for new lists.
- Output > AnswerCoach: When you click on this button, the current list of questions in the output will be loaded in the AnswerCoach, so that you can immediately start with a question session on these questions.
- Ask for the Part before the Hyphen: If this option is selected, the content before the hyphen is marked as the answer.
- Ask for the Part after the hyphen: If this option is selected, it will be asked for the part after the hyphen, that means this part is framed by underscores. Of course, you can also enabled both options simultaneously to ask for both parts - the part before and the part after the hyphen.
- Create List: If the input field is filled with sentences and if you have selected whether you want to ask for the first or the last part, you can use this button to create your question list. The final list will appear in the output. When you click on "AnswerCoach" in the output box, the list is loaded and you can immediately start learning this list.
- Close Editor: Closes the rider with the editor.
The other tabs are information sites, like, for example, the introduction page or the page with the license. You can use the menu item "Windows" to show and hide these riders.