Window: Export as Text/HTML table
One additional function of the Easy MP3 Player is the possibility to produce a list of all your music files with custom criteria. This feature can be accessed via "File > Export as Text/HTML table." That opens a new window, which is as follows:
On the top, you can see the format field, then they are the different settings and configurations, which can be activated and opened by clicking on them, under that there is the output text field, in which you can see a automatic preview and under the text box, there are some buttons with additional functions. The automatic preview can be deactivated with "Show Settings > Auto Update".
- Format Field: In this field, you can enter how a single line should be formatted. There are some function words, framed with a "%" and it is also possible to use any other character from your keyboard. The default is the format "%artist% - %title%", which means that a list of artist and title in the form "Artist - Title" is created. Furthermore, the self explaining function words %length%, %album%, %track%, %year%, %genre%, %path and %filename% are possible. The function word %123% automatically writes a sequential numbering starting at 1 to the appropriate place in the line. If you would like to use leading zeros, you can activate this function at "Show Settings" > "Left-Hand Zeros at %123%. Then, in the numbers are counted in the form 01, 02, 03 and so on, provided the highest number is double digits. With the function word %tab%, you can implement a table column if you are writing an HTML table. For example, "%artist%%tab%%title%" reveals a table with two columns: One with the artist and one with the title of the corresponding song.
- Input Assistance: Of course, you do not want to write the function words for your own. In this case, you can use the input assistance with which you can write the text on the buttons in the input field automatically. Even a text can be added to the input field. Simply write the text into the box and click on "Add Text" or "Text Hinzufügen". The button "Delete All" will clear the entire input field.
- Use Filter: Enable this function and enter any search term into the box. Now you can choose the appropriate columns such as artist, title, album and so on and only items will be used for your list which matches the search term. The button "Select All/None" makes it possible to enable or disable all of the columns quickly.
- Find and Replace: Sometimes it may be necessary to replace certain words in the list by other words or characters. Simply type in "Search For" the term, which is to be replaced and in "Replace With" you can enter the term that will be written instead.
- Create HTML Table: Your list can be either created as a plain text file or as HTML. This Decision shall be taken at this point, you can activate or deactivate the option HTML. If you would like to create an HTML table, in the output box, the source code is displayed automatically, which may be suffer the clarity. So it can be useful to make all of the formatting and the other configurations first of all and after that you can choose the HTML option, if the other configuration is ready.
- Show Settings: This function shows or hides the settings.
- Settings > Sort List: Select this option to sort your list in alphabetical order regardless of the underlying playlist. If this option is not active, the sorting will follow the underlying playlist.
- Settings > Remove Double Items: Under certain circumstances there should be the same song in your playlist for several times. If you want to have a single song only for one time in your list, choose this option. With this option, it is also possible, for example, to create a list of all of your artists. Simply enter the formatting "%artist%" and choose "Remove Double Items" and you will get a list of all of your artists with every artist mentioned only for one time regardless with how many songs they are in the playlist.
- Settings > Replace old List: Enables or disables whether the old list is overwritten or not overwritten.
- Settings > Remove empty Items: In some cases it is possible, that your configuration results in empty items. For example, if you are creating the list of your genres, it is possible, that in some of your files, the genre is not saved. In this case, in the list appears an empty item which can be deleted with this option.
- Settings > Auto Update: When this function is active, you will automatically see any changes in the output when the configuration or formatting change. This can be very handy, because you can see how the final result will look like. However, this can lead to problems with slow computers or very large lists. If your computer could not make the preview, disable this option and click on "Write List" instead for seeing the results, when you have made all of your configurations.
- Settings > Left-Hand Zeros at %123%: With the function word "%123%" it is possible to number your words. With this option it is no longer count 1, 2, 3 .. to 10 but 01, 02, 03 to 10. This ensures a more uniform typeface. Depending on how many digits the total number of songs has, zeros are added. Are there less than 10 titles in your list, no zeros are added, are there 1000 to 9999 titles, counting starts at 0001.
- Delete List: Clears the current text field.
- Copy to Clipboard: Copys the current text box to the clipboard automatically, allowing you to paste the list with CTRL+V into another application.
- Write List: Updates the list under consideration of all the configurations. If automatic updates are disabled, the list must be written with this function manually. Otherwise, if the list is updated automatically, this function has no meaning.
- Save List: Allows you to save the list in the output field. Depending on whether HTML is enabled or not enabled, the list is saved as a text file or as a HTML document.