On this page, you can find the history of changes made to the program PasswordGenerator.
- New Keyboard Shortcuts (2021-07-27): CTRL+N (Create a new password), Shift+CTRL+C (Copy password into the clipboard), CTRL+H (Show History) and ESC (Quit program).
- New Program Version (2021-05-05): 64 bit version for Linux as Debian package, RPM package and portable binary.
- Language Detection (2021-05-03): Improvement of the automatic language detection of the system language when starting the program.
- New Parameters (2021-04-27): With the new parameters l, c and a, the length of the password as well as the character classes used can be controlled in batch mode. An explanation of the new parameters and examples of their use can be found here.
- Script Control (2021-04-19): With the parameter -cl, passwords can now also be created directly in the command line in batch mode without a graphical user interface (call via PasswordGenerator -cl).
- New Language (2021-04-12): اَلْعَرَبِيَّة (Arabic).
- Improved Help (2021-02-01): A readme file with instructions for running the program has been added to the ZIP archive for the macOS version.
- New Language (2020-02-24): Polski (Polish).
- New Language (2019-12-01): 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese).
- New Language (2019-11-18): Русский (Russian).
- New Program Version (2019-08-13): 64 bit version for macOS.
- New Operating System (2019-08-06): Release of the macOS version.
- New Operating System (2019-07-17): Release of the Linux version as Debian package, RPM package and binary.
- New Operating System (2019-07-17): Release of the Windows version.
- History (2019-07-13): Optional storage of all passwords created since the program started.
- New Option (2019-07-13): Option whether at least one character of each selected character class must be present in the password.
- Character Classes (2019-07-10): Which characters are used for which of the character classes (uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters) can now be freely edited in the settings.
- New Option (2019-07-08): Automatically create a new password when clicking on the button "Clipboard".
- Length and Character Classes (2019-07-07): The length of the created password and the character classes used for the password can be determined freely.
Note: Minor changes, such as updating an existing program translation or fixing a bug, are typically not included in this list. Therefore, if you find a newer version of the program in the download area than the most recent date in this list, we have typically made such a change to the program.