On this page you will find an overview of all menu items of the UnitConverter with an explanation of the respective function. An explanation of the functions of other program parts of the UnitConverter can be found in the function overview.
- Program > Create User Defined Units: This menu opens a tool in which you can create custom units. In the help section Custom Units you learn everything about custom units and an overview over all functions of this unit editor, you can read in the section Custom Units on this page.
- Program > Report Bug or Improvement: In this menu, you get some links to internet pages, on whoch you can report bugs or improvements regarding the Unit Converter. This tool and the list of units is expanded regularly, so that most of the ideas and units can be added to the tool.
- Program > Close: With this function, you can close the tool. Remember to save all of the things you want to save before.
- Settings > Options: Show the settings of the Unit Converter, where you can change the decimal separator, number formats or used characters. The options are explained in the section Options on this page.
- Settings > Save Configuration: This function saves all current settings (for exampke the options) in a file with the file extension .ukg. You can load this file to rebuild the old settings.
- Settings > Load Configuration: Loads an arbitrary configuration file with the extension .ukg, so that you can reload an old configuration.
- Settings > Current Configuration as Start-Configuration: Saves the current configuration as auto.ukg in the application folder. The Unit Converter searches for this file when starting and if the file exists, this settings are loaded. So, you can create a start configuration with this function.
- Settings > Save Configuration automatically: If this option is enabled, the last configuration of the tool is saved as auto.ukg when closing the tool, so that the last setting can be reloaded when starting the converter for the next time. So, you do not have to care about saving any settings if you are using this function, because the program will be started like you have closed it.
- Settings > Language: Here you can change the language of the Unit Converter. Remember the different names of units in different languages.
- Info: Here you get some information regarding the program, other programs, the licence and a help section.