On this page you will find an overview of the file formats that can be read and written by PrintMyFonts. The first concerns the fonts that can be imported by PrintMyFonts and thus displayed, the second the formats in which you can save or export your font lists.
The following font formats can be displayed with the tool PrintMyFonts. When searching folders for fonts, the tool will search for this list of file extensions.
- TrueType Font (*.ttf): TrueType font files.
- OpenType Font (*.otf): PostScript OpenType font files.
- Generic Font File (*.fon): Font resource files.
- Windows Font File (.*fnt): Raw bitmap font files.
- Installed TrueType Font File (*.fot): TrueType resource files.
- True Type Font Collection (*.ttc): TrueType font collection files of East Asian Windows.
- Multiple Master Font Metrics (.*mmm): Multiple master Type1 font resource files. This file must be used with .PFM and .PFB font files.
- Printer Font Binary File (*.pfb): Type1 font bits files. This type of file is used with a .PFM file.
- Printer Font Metrics File (.*pfm): Type1 font metrics files. This type of file is used with a .PFB file.
The font list can be exported in the following formats:
- Printed Text: By using your standard printer or an arbitrary other printer that is installed.
- Image: The output can be written on an image in the formats JPG, PNG or BMP.
- DOCX-Document: PrintMyFonts can save your font list directly to the DOCX format, the default format of Microsoft Word.
- ODT-Document: Also an export to the format OpenDocument Text is possible. ODT-documents can be opened, for example, with Libre Office or OpenOffice.
- RTF-Document: PrintMyFonts is able to create RTF documents of your font list that can be opened and edited for example in programs such as Microsoft Word or OpenOffice.
- HTML: It is also possible to save the font list as HTML Website.
- PDF: With an PDF printer installed, you can create a PDF document with your fonts.
- Printer Formats: If you have installed other printers, like Post Script Printers, you can also generate an output by using this machine.