On this page you will find an overview of all menu items of the ClipboardSaver with an explanation of the respective function. An explanation of the functions of other program parts of the ClipboardSaver can be found in the function overview.
- Program > Close: Here you can close the tool Clipboard Saver.
- Program > Save Text History as Single File (CTRL+S): This function makes it possible to save all text items, that are currently in your list, to a single text file. The function opens a file dialog, in which you can select a name for the file. The list items will be seperated with a new line in the text file. Options for this function, you can find at "Settings > Options regarding history".
- Program > Delete History: With this function, you can delete all items from the history. If you do not want to clear the whole history, you can right click on the items in the list to delete the items you want.
- Settings > Clipboard Exploring active (F2): Sometimes it is not necessary to explore the clipboard. Here you can turn on and off the exploring, so that you do not have to start and close the tool itself.
- Settings > Minimize to Systray: If this option is active, the program appears in the systray instead of the taskbar after minimizing. So the program is not disturbing screenshots over the whole desktop. If the option is not active, the program will ne minimized to the taskbar as always.
- Settings > Options regarding Actions and Saving: A new window opens in which you can set all options regarding the saving of images and texts and the image resizing. In the box "Image Output" you can choose the quality for your images and whether the progressive function should be used or not. In the box "Image Resizing", it is possible to define situations in which the images should be resized and you can set the used resize method. In the box "Coding of Text Files", you can choose the format of text files saved with the Clipboard Saver. It is possible to save the files as ANSI or in one of the Unicode formats. The formats are explained on the page Unicode File Formats.
- Settings > Options regarding Regular Expressions: A new window opens in which you can set all options regarding regular expressions, for example which character classes will be used. This window is explained on the separate page "Regular Expressions".
- Settings > Options regarding History: In this menu, you can find options and settings regarding the history on the left of the main window. In "General", you can specify whether texts or images should be shown in the history at all. When you click "CTRL+S" in the main window, the history is saved as a text file, settings for this function, you can find in the box "Save History", where you can define, whether texts and/or images should be saved in the file with or without the time.
- Settings > Language: Here you can choose a language for the tool.
- Configuration: In this menu, you can load and save all settings and options of the Clipboard Saver. The current configuration can be saved or you can load an arbitrary configuration, you have saved before. The function "Save current configuration as start configuration" saves all current settings and options as start configuration. These configuration will be loaded automatically when starting the tool for the next time, so that you do not have to set any options. You can also automatically save the settings and options on exit. With this option, the program will start with your last settings. In addition, it is possible to reset all settings in this menu. With this function, the application is rested to the factory settings.
- Other Software: In this menu, some other tools are introduced and the corresponding Internet pages can be visited.
- Help and Information: In this menu, you can read some further information as well as a help section and information regarding your licence and other products of Stefan Trost Media.