On this page you will find an overview of all menu items of the FilelistCreator with an explanation of the respective function. An explanation of the functions of other program parts of the FilelistCreator can be found in the function overview.
- File > Save List (CTRL+S): Saves your current file list according to your current settings. For storage the format, which is set in the area "Export Format", is used. A dialog is displayed before storage in which you can determine the storage location for your file list. This function corresponds to a click on the button "Convert and Save" at the bottom right of the main window.
- File > Print List (CTRL+P): Prints your current file list. The standard printer dialog of your system is displayed for selecting a printer. Here you can select both, physical printers as well as, for example, PDF printers for printing. In the menu "Settings > Export Print", you can determine how your printed list should look like.
- File > Save List in deepest common Folder (SHIFT+CTRL+S): With this function you can save your current file list directly in the deepest common folder of all files in your list. For example, if you have files from the folders "D:\Music\Hits\CD1" and "D:\Music\Hits\CD2" in your list, the list is saved in the folder "D:\Music\Hits" under the name "Hits".
- File > Copy List to Clipboard (SHIFT+CTRL+C): With this function you can copy the current file list into the clipboard. The format that is currently set in the area "Export Format" area is used for this. This function corresponds to a click on the button "Clipboard" at the bottom right of the main window.
- File > Add Files (CTRL+O): Opens single files and adds them to the file list in the main window. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop single files onto the FilelistCreator to add them to the file list.
- File > Search Folder (CTRL+D): Opens the dialog for searching folders. A folder can be selected in this dialog, the files from this folder are then added to the file list in the main window. If you do not want to add all files from the selected folder, you can use the options under "Filter". Alternatively, you can also drag and drop one or more folders onto the FilelistCreator to add the files from those folders to the file list.
- File > Remove Selected Files: Removes all selected files and folders from the file list.
- File > Remove not Selected Files: Removes all files and folders from the file list that are not selected.
- File > Remove All Files (SHIFT+CTRL+W): Removes all files and folders from the file list, regardless of whether the files or folders are selected or not selected.
- File > Import File List (CTRL+I): Adds all files whose paths are stored in the selected .filelist-file to the file list. The .filelist-file is a text file that contains paths to files each per line. Those files can be created for example via the function "Export File List" (CTRL+E). If you import a spreadsheet or table format such as XLSX, ODD, CSV, TSV, HTML or DIF using this function instead of such a text file, all cells in the respective file are searched for file paths. If a cell only contains a file path and the corresponding file exists, this file is added to the file list. This makes it possible to reload created file lists of these formats.
- File > Export File List (CTRL+E): Saves all files that are currently in the file list as .filelist-file. This .filelist-file is a text file that contains all paths to the files each per line and can be loaded again using the function "Import File List" (CTRL+I).
- File > Exit (ESC): Closes the entire program FilelistCreator.
- Settings > Export Text / HTML / CSV / Spreadsheet / Image / Print: These settings are explained on the page settings.
- Settings > System Integration / Associations with Files and Folders: Here you can find some settings for linking files with the FilelistCreator or for configuring the Auto Start settings. You can find more information about that in the help section about System Integration.
- Settings > Language Settings: Opens the language settings to change and save the language of the program.
- Settings > Save or Load Settings: Here you can find the storage options as well as ways to save, load and delete settings. See the Introduction to Settings for an explanation.
- Settings > Reset Settings: Resets all settings to the default settings.
- View > Files (CTRL+ALT+F): Hides the file list in the main window if it is currently displayed. If the file list is not displayed, it will be shown.
- View > Preview (CTRL+ALT+P): Hides the preview in the main window if it is currently displayed. If the preview is not displayed, it will be shown.
- View > Include (CTRL+ALT+I): Hides the area "Include" in the main window if it is currently displayed. If the area "Include" is not displayed, it will be shown.
- View > Columns (CTRL+ALT+C): Hides all open sections from the area "Columns" if sections are open in this area. If there are no sections open in the area "Columns", all sections in which there are activated columns will be opened.
- View > Export Format (CTRL+ALT+S): Hides the storage options in the area "Export Format" in the main window if they are currently displayed. If the storage options are not displayed, they will be shown.
- Software: In this menu you will find information about other software from Stefan Trost Media. To open one of the links you can click on the respective menu item.
- Info & Help: Over this menu, you can access a short introduction to the FilelistCreator and get information about the license, contact options as well as important links and background information around the software.
If you are still using the old version of the FilelistCreator, you will find a description of the menu of the old FilelistCreator version here.