On this page you will find an overview of all parts and functions of the main window of the Pipette with a description of the respective function. An explanation of the functions of other program parts of the Pipette can be found in the function overview.
- Color and Pipette: The current color is always shown in the color field in the upper left of the main window. If the pipette is active and in use, in the color field the color under the cursor will appear. If a color from the color list is chosen, this color will appear in the color field. Even if the values in the color models are changed, the color will be ajusted automatically. A double-click on the color field adds the current color to the color list.
- Pipette: A click on this button activates the pipette. Depending on your operating system and your settings (Settings > General > Pipette Mode), colors can be picked up in two different ways: First, you can click on "Pipette", hold your mouse key and release it over the color, you want to pick up. The other way is to click on "Pipette" and after that on the place, from which you would like to catch your color.
- Color Select Button: With this function, you can use the standard Color Dialog of your operating system to select a color. After the selection, the color is displayed in the color field and translated to all of the color models. In the color dialog, automatically the current color of the color field is pre-selected. So it is possible to modify the current color even by using the color dialog.
- Color List: In the color list, colors can be saved, for example to recall them again. Behind a small box showing the color, there are by default the hex values from the RGB Color Space. This can be adjusted in the settings under "General > Used Color model in the Color List". When you select a color from the color list, it is shown in the color field and as values in the color models automatically. With the DEL key you can delete single colors, with the function "File > Clear Color List" from the menu or CTRL + DEL you can clear the whole list. With Shift + DEL you can delete all unselected colors. It is also possible to move colors with the mouse. You can save your current color list with the right mouse button > Save as a file. You can simply drag saved color lists from any folder onto the program to open them again.
- Representation in the Color Models: In these boxes, the selected color is displayed as values in the various color models automatically. All values can be adjusted either with the keyboard manually, with the top-and-down buttons or the mouse wheel. In the settings you can determine how many steps the value should go down or up during adjusting. For using the mouse, just click in the appropriate box and begin rotating the mouse wheel. Behind each row, there is a button with which the values of the corresponding row can be copied to the clipboard automatically. In the settings you can both adjust how many decimal places should be used for this (Settings > General) and if there should be copied units or other characters with the values at the same time (Settings > Clipboard). The values for xyz are often not considered as a triple but in the form Yxy. Again, you can adjust this in the settings under "Settings > Clipboard" (see also XYZ-Color Model for this issue).