- Batch Processing: It can be worked on any number of text files at the same time. The files can be easily added to the program, by dragging them from any folder of your computer in the file list. After adding the files and choosing an encoding, you have only to click on "Encode" to apply all changes to all of the files.
- Byte Order Mark (BOM): The program can be used to delete the Byte Order Mark (BOM) from files. Also when converting files from one format in another format, you can write the files with or without the Byte Order Mark as you want.
- Full Unicode Support: All functions listed on these pages can also be performed with Unicode characters. It does not matter whether you want to work with Unicode file names, or whether your files are containing Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew or other special characters.
- Unicode Format Conversion: With the Text Encoder, it is possible to convert a variety of text files from one Unicode format to another or to or from ANSI. Supported formats are ANSI, UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16 Big Endian, UTF-16 Little Endian, UTF-32 Big Endian and UTF-32 Little Endian, each of these formats can be converted into any other format.
- Read and Write many Formats: When reading as well as when writing (saving) files, in the current version, the formats ANSI, UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16 Big Endian, UTF-16 Little Endian, UTF-32 Big Endian and UTF-32 Little Endian (see file formats for more informatíon) are supported. With the help of the Text Encoder, you can convert each of these formats in each other of these formats.
- Batch Version: In the version Batch Text Encoder you can execute all functions of the Text Encoder by using a batch script. So, you can completely automate the converting process. If you start the batch version without parameters, it can be used in the same way like the normal Text Encoder with graphical user interface.
- No installation (Portable Software): This software works without installation. This spares your Registry and you can immediately use the program.