On this page, you can find the history of changes made to the program TextEncoder.
- Export and Import of the File List (2019-07-31): The file list can now be exported as file. The exported file can be imported in this or other programs again.
- New Parameters (2019-03-17): New parameters for the batch version to force the read-in format (enc-read and lb-read), to control the save options (save, save-folder, save-name and save-ext), to filter the files from folders (search-subdirs, filter-ext, filter-name, filter-name-matchcase, filter-name-regex, filter-hiddenfiles and filter-onlytextfiles), to delete the original file (delfile), and to open the converted file (openfile).
- New Languages (2019-03-13): Español (Spanish) and Français (French).
- New Program Version (2019-03-13): New free program version TextEncoder Basic with limited functionality (only 10 files can be edited at the same time).
- Custom Columns (2018-12-07): Custom columns can now be defined in the file list (via right-click or settings menu).
- Selected Files (2018-04-12): Ability to edit only the currently selected files from the list (mark files in the file list, then click on Convert).
- Column Width (2018-04-12): The width of the columns of the file list can now be saved.
- New Formats (2018-03-16): Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1), Latin-2 (ISO 8859-2), general Windows Codepage, Windows-1250 (Central European), Windows-1251 (Cyrillic), Windows-1252 (Western European) and Windows-1253 (Greek).
- Forced Encoding and Linebreak (2018-03-13): In addition to the automatic recognition of the encoding and the line break, files can now also be read in with a user-defined coding and line break.
- New Columns (2018-03-09): Display of encoding, line break and preview in the file list.
- Storage Options (2018-03-07): Extension of storage options (overwrite, save as new file, change folder, name or file extension).
- Change of the Linebreak Type (2018-03-03): In addition to the encoding, the TextEncoder can now also change the type of line break used for text files.
- Improvement (2015-02-01): Improvements for multi screens.
- New Parameter (2013-02-13): New parameter for the batch version: Now, you can pass the path to a directory as a parameter to convert all files from this folder.
Note: Minor changes, such as updating an existing program translation or fixing a bug, are typically not included in this list. Therefore, if you find a newer version of the program in the download area than the most recent date in this list, we have typically made such a change to the program.