Actions: Download File
Using the action "Download File", you can download one or multiple files from the Internet in order to store them in a specified folder. Optionally, you can save the downloaded file under the server name or you can specify a new arbitrary other name for the file in which the file will be renamed when downloading.
What should be downloaded?
The URLs, that should be downloaded can be specified in the box under the section "What should be downloaded?". Please note that all URLs have to start with "http://". In each line, one URL can be specified, additionally it is possible to save the files under a different name than having it in the URL. For this, you can type the desired name divided by " => " behind the URL. Here is an example:
With this example, we are downloading four files, each file is specified in one line.
The files file1.pdf and file4.pdf will be saved under that name because no other name is specified for those files. Apart from that, the file file2.pdf will be stored using the name document.pdf and also file3.pdf gets a new name. However, this name contains the placeholders %mm% and %yyyy% that will automatically be replaced by the current month and year.
Where should be stored?
Under "Where should be stored?" you can determine the folder in which the downloaded files should be stored. Select one of the options are specified in arbitrary fixed folder for saving.
- In the Target Folder: The downloaded files will be stored to the current opened and focused Explorer window.
- In the last Folder: The files should be stored to the last folder, that was processed or created by FasterFiles.
- In the forelast Folder: The files should be stored to the forelast folder, that was processed or created by FasterFiles.
- In the Folder of the last File: The directory in which the last file processed by FasterFiles is stored, should be used for saving the downloaded files.
- In another Folder: If this option is selected, you can write an arbitrary fixed folder into the field, that is then used for the downloads. The folder name can contain placeholders.
- Active: With this option, you can enable or disable this action. Inactive actions will be ignored when processing an Action List.
- If file with the same name already exists: With this option, you can control, what should happen in the case that in the specified directory a files with the same name is already existing. For this case, you can specify one of the following decisions: Either, you can force FasterFiles to show a dialog in which you can say what should be done, you can say that the file should be overwritten in each case, you can just skip this download or you can interrupt the whole process.
At the moment, this function is only supporting the HTTP protocol. So, please ensure that each of your specified links is starting with http:// - otherwise, FasterFiles will return an error message.