On this page, you can find the history of changes made to the program FasterFiles.
- HotKey Backup (2021-12-10): Optionally, a directory for the backup can now be defined. If no directory has been specified, the backup is created in the directory where the original HotKey file is stored.
- Optimization (2021-12-10): Improvement of the further performance of the program after the occurrence of an error during processing an Action List.
- Settings (2021-12-09): To reduce the size of the settings files, only those settings are stored, which deviate from the default settings.
- New Keyboard Shortcuts (2021-07-27): CTRL+N (Create a new HotKey) and ESC (Quit program).
- New Placeholders (2021-05-27): The new placeholders %date%, %time%, %dd.mm.yyyy%, %yyyy-mm-dd%, %hh-mm-ss%, %hh-mm%, %hh:mm:ss% and %hh:mm% combine some of the existing placeholders for the current date and time so that they can be entered more quickly.
- Language Detection (2021-05-03): Improvement of the automatic language detection of the system language when starting the program.
- New filters for the Check Function (2020-04-03): The result of the Check Function can now be filtered so that only syntax errors, path errors or printer errors are displayed.
- Automatic check at program start (2020-04-02): In the menu Settings > Check Function, you can now determine whether and which parts of your Action Lists should be automatically checked for errors when the program is started.
- Check printers (2020-04-01): The Check Function can now also check whether actions contain printers that do not exist.
- New Language (2020-02-24): Polski (Polish).
- New Language (2020-01-15): Русский (Russian).
- New Function (2019-11-27): Check Function for testing HotKeys, Action Lists and Actions for errors including function for searching and replacing in the Actions.
- HotKey Backup (2019-05-28): Option in the settings to automatically backup the previous HotKey file before any change to the HotKey file.
- New Languages (2019-05-15): Spanish (Español) and French (Français).
- New Option (2019-03-14): Show Faster Files in the tray when the main window is closed.
- Parallel Usage (2019-03-13): Improved command-line control while using another instance without command-line.
- Saving of window position and window size (2018-02-10): Position and size of the program window can now be saved in the startup settings and setting profiles.
- High-DPI-Improvements (2017-12-06): Improvements of the graphical user interface and the icons for high dpi settings.
- New Actions (2016-04-23): The new actions File Download and Paste from Clipboard were added.
- New Action (2016-03-31): A new action for printing Files or Folder Content was added.
- New Placeholders (2016-03-21): The new placeholders %TARGETDIR_FILES% and %TARGETDIR_DIRS% allow refering to only the files or only the folders currently located in the target directory.
- Subfolders in Action Lists (2016-02-22): It is now possible to order the Actions of a Action List using sub folders.
- Content of Folder (2016-02-07): It is now alternatively possible to only open, copy, move, delete, copy to clipboard or cut to clipboard the content of a folder instead of the entire folder.
- Actions with multiple Files and Folders (2016-01-17): Up to now, it was only possible to process one single file or one single folder per action. Now, it is also possible to add and process multiple files at once with the actions "Open", "Copy", "Move", "Delete" and "Cut/Copy to Clipboard".
- Drag and Drop (2016-01-13): When creating or editing actions, files and folders can now also be added via drag and drop to the corresponding fields. Adding via selection dialog, manual typing or copying the path is also still possible.
Note: Minor changes, such as updating an existing program translation or fixing a bug, are typically not included in this list. Therefore, if you find a newer version of the program in the download area than the most recent date in this list, we have typically made such a change to the program.