On this page you will find an overview of all parts and functions of the main window of FasterFiles with a description of the respective function. An explanation of the functions of other program parts of FasterFiles can be found in the function overview.
If you have not yet created a HotKey, the main window is quite empty and only contains an introduction text as well as the possibility to create your first HotKey.
As soon as you have created your first HotKeys, Action Lists and Actions, the main window is divided into three parts: on the left you can find a list of your created HotKeys, in the middle the Action Lists of the HotKey that is currently selected and on the right side, you can find the Actions that are assigned to the Action List that is selected at the moment.
- HotKeys: In this box, all HotKeys that have been created are listed. Inactive HotKeys are displayed grayed out. In order to edit a HotKey, right click on the item and select "Edit". To delete a HotKey, take "Delete" from the context menu. Select a HotKey for displaying all assigned Action Lists and Actions. In the menu "Settings > General", you can specify how the HotKeys should be sorted in the list.
- New HotKey: Opens the window for creating a new HotKey. Here you can find a description.
- Action Lists: If you have selected a HotKey from the left side of the application, the Action Lists assigned to this HotKey will be displayed in this list. The order of the Action Lists can be changed with your mouse by moving the items. If you have determined the settings of the corresponding HotKey that Action Lists of this HotKey can also be arranged using folders, you can create such folders by moving one Action List onto another one. With using the right mouse button, you can show the context menu. From this menu, you can edit, delete or export the Action Lists as file. The exported file can for example be used for batch commands and batch processing FasterFiles.
- New Action List: Creates a new Action List for the currently selected HotKey. More about that here.
- Actions: If you have selected an Action List in the application, the assigned actions will be displayed in this list. The order of the actions can be changed with moving the items with the mouse. With clicking an action using the right mouse button, you can open the context menu. From here, you can edit, delete, copy or paste actions. With the commands for copying and pasting (you can also use the keyboard shortcuts CTRL+C and CTRL+V), you can dublicate actions or you can copy them into other lists.
- Add Action: Creates a new Action in the Action List currently selected. See here for an overview.