This is a list of all changes and improvements of the Text Converter.
- Multiple Replacements (2017/10/22): Larger list, new "Replace"-button for easier editing of replacements in the list.
- CSV-Editing (2017/04/20): Multiple columns to be deleted can now also be specified as range (for example 2-10).
- Search and Replace Manager (2017/03/21): The manager for administrating replacements now also supports multi-line replacements.
- New Function (2015/10/14): Added option "Only save in case of a change".
- New Functions (2015/08/28): Delete all lines from a specific line on, delete all lines containing more or less characters than specified, delete all double lines from file.
- Extension of CSV Editing (2015/06/10): The CSV editing function now also support field delimiter characters (for example quoted fields in double quotes). Beyond reading such CSV sources, it is now also possible to determine whether and when field delimiters should be used when saving the CSV file.
- Extension of CSV Editing (2015/03/18): Search and Replace cell contents using regular expressions, Search and Replace with constants, optional case-insensive Search and Replace, fill empty cells, overwrite cells if they are not empty, delete columns.
- Improvement (2015/02/01): Improvements for multi screens.
- Improvement (2014/07/13): Improvements for high resolution/high DPI screens.
- Extension (2013/01/27): Adding the line actions "TrimLeft" and "TrimRight" as well as the function "First character uppercase in each line".
- Extension (2012/10/13): Extension of the CSV-Editing to a function to read shortened data sets (if there is no value in a field, the value from the line before will be taken)
- Extension (2012/10/07): Expansion of the Insert-Function: Insertion at a position, insertion in lines containing a given text.
- Extension (2012/08/30): Expansion of the action to replace constants by adding more parameters and options.
- New Function (2012/08/11): Introduction of the new version Text Converter Pro CSV to edit single columns of CSV files.
- Extension (2012/07/05): New parameters available in the version Text Converter Pro CL.
- Extension (2012/06/13): You can now split files also at the end or the beginning of the line, the search pattern is in.
- New Function (2012/06/11): In the version Text Conveter Pro CL, it is now possible to remote control the Text Converter automatically via command line or batch script and pass parameters, settings, folders and files.
- New Option (2012/06/10): New option "Show File" in the preview window.
- Improvement of existing functions (2012/04/14): The Function "Delete Lines" was improved. You can now delete or keep lines containg one or more specified text fragments. Also the deletion of empty lines or lines containing only white space is now included.
- Improvements (2012/04/14): Improvement of the performance of some functions, improvement of the search-in-files function.
- Extension (2012/02/17): Extension of the parameters that can be used in file names. With %firstchars% you can now use the first characters of a file as a file name.
- Improvement of existing functions (2012/01/10): Improvement of the user experience during user inputs in different input boxes. Bug fix for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- New Function (2011/07/10): The function "Delete Lines > Delete Lines containing this text" was added. This function makes it possible to delete all lines containing an arbitrary string or regular expression.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2011/07/10): Up to now, in the function "Replace Lines" only line numbers could be used to identify a line. Now, also containing text or containing regular expressions are supported.
- Improvement of existing Functions (2011/07/10): The function to make a text from an HTML document was improved.
- New Function (2011/07/10): Up to now, only normal characters could be replaced with their named entities. Now, it is also possible to replace named entities with their normal characters. In addition, characters used in HTML can be replaced or not separately.
- New Function (2011/03/27): Now the list of files can be saved and loaded. So you can go on working on a group of files later easily.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2011/03/21): Under some input boxes like the search and replace input, we have added a small button with a plus sign on it. With this button, you can expand the box to type in large amounts of texts easily.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2011/03/21): Files can now be set to the status "Marked". After that, you can, for example, apply changes only to the marked files. The status can be set manually or automatically because of the content or file name of the file. So, you are now able to make a selection of files within your file list.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2011/03/01): The action "Search and Replace" was expanded with a manager for replacements. This manager can be called from the replace action by using the button "Manager". In the manager, you can save, load and work on several lists of replacements. So, now it is easier to make lots of different replacements.
- New Function (2011/01/10): A new function makes it possible to change only the Unicode file format without changing and converting the text file. The function can be found in the new action for the file format. So, now changing only the file format is quicker and more comfortable than before.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2011/01/10): The Unicode file format of the text file is now additional changeable in the actions, so that you can directly see and change the coding.
- New Function (2010/11/13): Implementing of the On The Fly Conversion. With this method it is possible to change some lines without opening a file.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2010/11/10): Expansion of Line Actions. In addition, the lines can now also be sorted from a position or an arbitrary text in the lines.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2010/11/09): Expansion of the function "New Line" to be able to only change the Line Break if the new line break differs from the old one.
- New Function (2010/11/03): The function "New Line" was added to the TextConverter. Now it is possible to work on files with different line break characters from different operating systems and it is possible to change the character used for a new line in files. Read more about this issue in the section New Line.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2010/11/03): The TextConverter can now also deal with UTF-8 files without Byte Order Mark. The files can be read correctly and you can anymore decide whether UTF-8 files should be saved with or without BOM.
- New Function (2010/10/14): With the new column "Status" in the file list, you will now be able to check whether the files in your list are new or changed or not changed in the last conversion.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2010/10/14): The saving options now comes with the function "Delete Original Files". With this option it is possible to delete the original files after creating the new files.
- Expansion of existing Functions (2010/08/13): Expansion of the function "Insert" to insertments additionally at the begin and end of each line of the text.